My taint already hurts as I type these words, and you know what that means. That’s right, boys and girls. The Super Century is here, so it’s once again time for us to put on our Bad Idea Jeans and destroy our taints in the name of stupid challenges.
You can find out how the Super Century all started right here, but if you’re too lazy to click that link, I’ll give you the general idea of what the Super Century is:
- What: a trainer ride of at least a metric century – 100 km (or 62 miles if you don’t want to do any mathematicizing)
- When: Super Bowl Sunday – February 2nd at 8:00 AM Central (a later start this year!)
- Why: Because we’re idiots and doing dumb stuff is fun… Sort of. And after the ride, we can eat whatever we want during the big game and not feel guilty.
- Who: Anyone who is dumb enough to do this, and if you’re reading this, then that means YOU!
- Where: Anywhere you want. You can do it alone or get together with a group.
- Other Options: Ride a metric century outside (although that’s not nearly as stupid); Do 100 or more pull ups; Ride the trainer for 100 minutes; Do 1000 bodyweight squats; Run 100 minutes; Some other stupid idea.
- Hashtags to Use: #SuperCentury; #BadIdeas; #MyTaintHurts
Be sure to hit us up on our facebook page and/or Tweet at us with the above hashtags so we can all “enjoy” everyone else’s suffering while we are deep inside our own pain caves. Post up photos, jokes, rants, videos or whatever else will entertain us and distract us from our own misery.
Also, I’d love to hear some recommendations on what movies or shows to watch during the Super Century. Winning choices from the previous two years are Step Brothers, Race Across the Sky, Ride the Divide, and The Big Lebowski. So please give us some ideas for what we should watch.